Logistics Optimisation Manager (Chemical) #AJW
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jul 28, 2021
- At least 6-10 years of experience in an Engineering & Logistics in the downstream petroleum industry with knowledge in the supply and depot/plant operations (any of the following products: Fuels, Lubes & Specialties, LPG)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or Logistics
- Experience in optimizing supply & logistics chain planning and execution and reducing complexity
- Ability to quickly adopt to international and multi-cultural working environment
Logistics Chain Optimization
- Work in close relationship with Strategy/Supply to consider the logistic of our affiliates as a chain including supply and develop together a logistic optimization action plan, use this basis analysis to consider logistic projects and create competitive advantage on the global logistic chain
- Look for optimization all along the logistic chain: depots operations, transport, local authorities’ regulations (price structure, transport per equation mechanism, …,)
- Manage the implementation stage and review its progress with the affiliate on a periodic basis.
- In coordination with Strategy/Supply, assess alternative logistic solution to answer the supply needs and constraints.
- Allocate and propose a budget during the review of the long-term plan (LPT) for logistics chain investment projects with prioritization to the affiliates.
- Develop and continuously improve the logistics chain business processes with tools to monitor the outcomes.
- Animation of routine coordination with the different Logistics teams in the region to exchange best logistic optimization practices
- Organize or coordinate trainings based on needs identified for the Supply & Logistics teams in the region
- Provide support missions to understand the dynamics of the market and review the logistics chain analytics rigorously with the affiliates. (draft action plan & organize follow-ups)
- Regularly assess the actual versus budget total logistics chain costs to identify the problems and opportunities both for short and long term.
- Identify opportunities to optimize product margins through alternative logistics schemes.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653jace@searchasia.com.sg